Ampersand Museum Series Claybord
Museum Series Claybord is made using 1/8" true artist hardboard and features Ampersands simply amazing kaolin clay ground formula similar in paintability to the clay gesso grounds used during the Renaissance. The surface is sanded to an ULTRA-smooth, highly absorbent finish so your paint colors remain true and brilliant. Work the surface by thinly applying paint or ink, then remove it, reapply it, even scratch through it to add contrast, texture and fine details. Claybord is a favorite of both fine and graphic artists.
- Great for use with ink, graphite, acrylic, gouache, collage, egg tempera, airbrush, and more!
- Unlimited Techniques; etching, erasing, reworking, adding color and scratching it away!
- Seal and frame without glass!
- Similar to chalk/gypsum gessoed panels of the Renaissance used for egg tempera and oils
- pH neutral, acid-free clay coating
- Sanded to an ultra-smooth and absorbent finish
- 2.2cm deep