Custom Picture Framer Position Available (17th March 2022)
ArtSmart is looking for a fulltime Custom Picture Framer with 12 months or more experience to join our experienced team of 5 framers. We are willing to provide some training on certain aspects of the job, however we expect candidates to have proven framing experience.
Hours: 9am to 5pm Mon to Fri.
Pay: Dependent on experience.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Measuring, cutting and joining of frames
- Cutting glass, assembly and finishing of framing
- Building canvas stretchers and stretching of canvas
- Mat-cutting and mounting of artwork (occasionally includes sports jerseys, medals, and other memorabilia).
- Handling, caring and protecting the artwork moving through the business.
- Communicating with other staff members.
- Offering advice and experience to other staff members.
It is important to us that the successful candidate must have a high level of attention to detail, a positive attitude and be able to work within a team environment. We have a friendly team that works together, constantly learns from each other, and enjoys each other’s company. An artistic background would be advantageous but not a requirement.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please email us from the "Contact Us" page on this site. Please include your resume or summary of experience. We look forward to hearing from you.
Leave a comment